42 KM - « THE CLARÉE MARATHON »The ultimate race, the best to discover the Clarée valley
The ultimate race, which counts for the overall results of the Marathon Ski Tour, a national
competition organized by the French ski federation which combines the greatest long distance cross-country ski races.Free style.
- Maximum altitude : 1690 m env.
- Minimum altitude : 1490 m env.
- Start altitude : 1580 m
- Finish altitude : 1580 m
- Seniors and veterans Men & Ladies with FFS licences, Carte Neige, Race ticket.N.B.: For those who have a race ticket, a medical certificate stating that you are apt to
participate in a cross-country ski competition is obligatory.
- Les Iscles, near Fortville bridge, town of Névache :
- 9 AM for the ladies,
- 9.15 AM for the men.
- Ville-Haute, town of Névache
- 28€ FFS licence holders and Carte Neige. Also available for other country ski licence.
- 43€ non licence holders (race tickets)
- 11 Km from the start (Névache-La Lame)
- 24 from the start (Plampinet)
- to the end(Névache-Ville Haute)
KEY PASSAGES / ENVIRONNEMENT
- The starting point is on the Iscles prairie in Névache.
- The Planchettes Slopes, current slopes of the main route
- The passage to the sud, on Clapière and Combes Slopes (new !!!), really attractives and various
- Through the narrow streets of Ville Haute à Névache : the perfect spot to support the skiers.
- « La Forestière », highest point of the course : a sharp climb that you will be proud to boast about afterwards.
- The way back from Plampinet to Ville-Haute (end), last climb.
- The entire course is situated in a natural conservation area called Natura 2000. The respect of the environment is essential. No littering !
RACE PROFILE AND MAP – 33 km NEW VERSION
- Double-click (left ) to zoom in, double-click (right ) to zoom out.
- These statements are drawn around and may differ from the final path defined by the technical teams.